Tuesday, 30 January 2024
8:00 am - 6:00 pm JST
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
08:00 - 09:00: Registration and refreshments
09:00 - 09:40: Opening Keynotes: Reigniting growth for the 5G era
Welcome and Introduction: Unlocking growth for the new digital economic playing field
- Examining the market and what it takes to shape the future of telecoms
- ODA: Driving digital transformation for over 25 years
- Driving real-world value to CSPs across the globe
- Autonomous networks – Why now?
- The future of intelligent autonomous networks
George Glass, CTO, TM Forum
09:40 - 11:00: THE FUTURE NETWORK: DRIVING SCALABILITY AND MONETIZATION
Session Moderator: Marc Einstein, Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services, ITR Corporation
Case Study: Exploring the promise and challenges of implementing Open RAN
- What are the potential benefits of Open RAN in terms of flexibility, innovation, and cost savings?
- How can Open RAN be implemented in existing networks while maintaining reliability and performance?
- What are some of the key challenges around integration, security, scale, and managing multi-vendor networks?
- How should operators think about developing an Open RAN adoption strategy that balances opportunities and risks?
Sadayuki Abeta, VP, Global Head of Open RAN, OREX Evangelist, NTT Docomo
Panel: Unlock new opportunities with end-to-end network slicing over 5G SA
- What is the potential of 5G SA network slicing for business model innovation and new use cases?
- What are the complexities of orchestrating and large numbers of 5G network slices across multi-generation, multi-vendor and multi-configuration networks?
- Meeting needs of enterprise customers for global connectivity with guaranteed QoS for latency-critical applications
- Which vertical industries benefit most from network slicing?
- Using network slicing to optimize network capacity and resources allocation
Panel Moderator: Marc Einstein, Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services, ITR Corporation
Dr. Anass Benjebbour, Director of 5G IoT Services, NTT Communications
Daisuke Furukawa, Senior Director, Unified Platform Strategy Division, SoftBank Corp.
Case Study: Streamlining roaming service maintenance with zero-touch operations
- Understanding international roaming service operations and challenges
- Unveiling the scope of "zero-touch operations" as a business solution
- Examining how the platform's capabilities seamlessly address and overcome operational bottlenecks
- Discuss initiatives aimed at scaling operations, improving services, and staying ahead in the dynamic landscape of international roaming
Atsushi Kajino, Assistant Manager, International Services, Network Division Network Service Operations Department, NTT Docomo
Yasunori Matsuda, Head of Telecom, Media and Technology, Japan, ServiceNow Japan G.K.
Presentation: Shaping the vision of 6G
- The 6G requirements and design considerations
- 6G standards and ecosystems to achieve affordable deployments
- The business case for 6G - Which new sources of revenue hold the most promise?
- Taking immersive technologies to the next level with 6G
- How will 6G enhance 5G and build on its foundation?
Yoshioki Chika, Advisor, Softbank
11:00 - 11:30: Networking
11:30 - 12:55: BECOMING CLOUD NATIVE FOR GROWTH AND FLEXIBILITY
Session Moderator: George Glass, CTO, TM Forum
Interview: AI computing foundation and network infrastructure
- The power of Hyper-converged Cloud Infrastructure (HCI)
- Differences between HCI and a traditional hybrid cloud
- AI workload on HCl
- SoftBank's largest AI data center
Interviewer: George Glass, CTO, TM Forum
Ashiq Khan, Vice President, Head of Unified Cloud & Platform Division, SoftBank Corp.
Presentation: NTT Holdings’ digital transformation
- Leveraging a centralized management platform to gain visibility and increase efficiency to share and utilize data for executive decision making
- Using APIs and data models to enable interoperability between different cloud environments, reducing complexity and enabling more efficient integration
- Developing unified approach to cloud infrastructure management across teams and departments
Ken Komazawa, VP of IT Strategy Office, NTT Holdings
Perspectives on: Seamlessly navigate cloud migration & modernization at scale
- How to implement a seamless cloud migration and modernization strategy at scale
- How to unleash data monetization through cloud capabilities
- Enabling increased control and enhanced capabilities for data flow, analysis, and zero touch multilayered security
- Empower advanced analytics through AI/ML
- Bridging the gap between next-gen and legacy systems to enable seamless integration during the migration process
- Enhancing resilience and business continuity by distributing applications across diverse cloud environments
Interviewer: Marc Einstein, Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services, ITR Corporation
Tatsuya Inoue, Specialist, Internal Systems, Corporate Quality Section, Corporate Planning Department, NTT Comware
Toru Sakashita, Specialist, Corporate Quality Section, Corporate Planning Department, NTT Comware
Sachin Verma, Vice General Manager, Cloud Platform, Rakuten Mobile
Vikas Dabas, Product Manager, CSG
Presentation: Operationalizing the Edge to bring the network closer to the customer
- How will CSPs build their Edge platform and to what extent should it share infrastructure with the network?
- Designing the Edge Cloud Reference Architecture to deploy an open and vendor agnostic Edge cloud
- Understanding the bandwidth, latency and connectivity requirements needed to provision the required transmission/ fibre, power and related resources at the Edge
- Why edge architecture needs to feature hybrid multi-cloud service delivery and cognitive closed-loop automation
Dr. Tomohiro Otani, General Manager, Technical Strategy Division, KDDI Corporation
12:55- 2:15: Lunch
2:15-3:45: MONETIZING CONNECTIVITY AND BEYOND
Case study: Monetizing networks beyond connectivity
- 5G: Less known facts
- How do telcos typically monetize networks?
- Art of possible with 5G and MEC for enterprises
- What is different in 5G and MEC for telcos to monetize?
- Learnings from Singtel’s 5G and MEC monetization journey
- Why 5G needs an ecosystem strategy for success
- What can telcos do to shape market adoption to accelerate monetization?
Manoj Prasanna Kumar, Head of Enterprise Platforms, Singtel
Fireside Chat: Driving growth through innovative, customer-focused, digital brands
- How can CSPs successfully create new digital brands targeting specific demographics?
- What is the best way to leverage partner ecosystems to expand the customer proposition?
- How can CSPs increase their NPS by empowering customers with full transparent control over their service consumption?
- What key opportunities for accelerated growth are being enabled by 5G network adoption?
Sunil Prasad, Regional Vice President, Oracle Communications
Case Study: Reimagining connectivity to unlock new value and build better partnerships
- Bundling superior connectivity, security, network and IT services as well as hosted platforms to create new offerings for enterprise customers
- Developing and deploying service offerings which contain connectivity and non-connectivity elements
- What are the opportunities for CSPs to enrich connectivity by delivering new software-defined capabilities that allow customers to decide what sort of connectivity they want and where?
Zaif Siddiqi, Executive Director, Head of 5G & IoT Global Services, NTT Communications
Panel: Monetizing emerging technologies – How to capture new value in a competitive landscape
- Developing a clear strategy to driving growth beyond connectivity
- Which new services have the greatest potential for maximizing revenue growth and competitive advantage?
- Overcoming the challenges of launching new 5G and MEC enabled offerings to speed the route to profitability
- Crafting a hyper-converged cloud infrastructure for the modern enterprise
Panel moderator: George Glass, CTO, TM Forum
Ryuichi Matsuo, Executive Officer, Platform Services Department Network & Cloud Division, NTT Comware
Shailesh Gupta, Division Manager Network Operations, Rakuten Mobile
Łukasz Zezulak, Country Manager, Comarch S.A.
3:45 – 4:00: Networking
4:00 – 5:25: USING AI & DATA AT SCALE
Session Moderator: Marc Einstein, Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services, ITR Corporation
Keynote: Next-generation social infrastructure for AI and data utilization
- Use cases of Softbank's Generative AI
- Construction of a large-scale AI computing platform
- Development of the domestic LLM
- Importance of the next-generation social infrastructure
Keiichi Makizono, Executive Vice President & CIO, SoftBank Corp.
Presentation: How to capitalize on Generative AI
- Why we should move towards Generative AI to revolutionize the way CSPs can communicate
- How Generative AI enables a more innovative way to monitor network performance and incident management
- Leveraging AI and NLP to create a more personalized, engaging and efficient interaction with customers
- Using Generative AI for fraud detection – Analyzing data and identifying patterns and anomalies that may indicate suspicious activity
Puneet Handa, President, OSS Business Unit, Rakuten Symphony
Presentation: How AIOps can support network operations
- How AIOps can help in network operations and pave the way to autonomous networks
- What problem is AIOps trying to solve?
- Going beyond rule based intelligence to unlock the full potential of autonomous networks
- What can we learn from a real-life implementation? Challenges and lessons learnt
- How to quantify and measure the business benefit of AIOps and autonomous networks
Tatsuji Miyamoto, Core Researcher, KDDI Research, Inc.
Fireside Chat: Driving business impact with data and AI at scale
- Maturing CSP’s capacity for network analytics in the age of public cloud, and maximizing ROI
- Working smarter with AIOps to detect and fix issues before they become outages
- How to scale to meet increased customer demand and assist with the onboarding process of partners more quickly
- Improving employee competence - Using smarter data intelligence to enable faster and more informed decision-making
Derrick Buckley, Managing Director – Telecoms & Media Asia, Industry & Partner Sales, Microsoft
5:25 – 5:30: Closing remarks
George Glass, CTO, TM Forum
Marc Einstein, Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services, ITR Corporation
VP, Global Head of Open RAN, OREX Evangelist
Dr. Anass Benjebbour
Director of 5G IoT Services
Managing Director – Telecoms & Media Asia
Chief Analyst, Telecommunications & Digital Services
Senior Director, Unified Platform Strategy Division
Division Manager Network Operations
President, OSS Business Unit
Specialist, Internal Systems, Corporate Quality Section, Corporate Planning Department
Assistant Manager, International Services, Network Division Network Service Operations Department,
Vice President, Head of Unified Cloud & Platform Division
VP of IT Strategy Office
Manoj Prasanna Kumar
Head - Enterprise Platforms
Executive VP & CIO
Head of Telecom, Media and Technology, Japan
ServiceNow Japan G.K.
Executive Officer, Platform Services Department Network & Cloud Division
Dr. Tomohiro Otani
General Manager, Technical Strategy Division
Regional Vice President
Specialist, Corporate Quality Section, Corporate Planning Department
Executive Director, Head of 5G&IoT Global Services
Vice General Manager, Cloud Platform
Hilton Tokyo Odaiba
1 Chome-9-1 Daiba, Minato City, Tokyo 135-8625, Japan
With thanks to our sponsors
Netcracker Technology, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, offers mission-critical digital transformation solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Amdocs helps those who build the future to make it amazing. With our market-leading portfolio of software products and services, we unlock our customers’ innovative potential, empowering them to provide next-generation communication and media experiences for both the individual end user and enterprise customers.
Our 30,000 employees around the globe are here to accelerate service providers’ migration to the cloud, enable them to differentiate in the 5G era, and digitalize and automate their operations. Listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market, Amdocs had revenue of $4.3 billion in fiscal 2021.
Oracle offers the vertical experience, application breadth, and high-performance cloud technologies portfolio Service Providers and Enterprises require to meet the evolving demands of the communications industry. With a comprehensive portfolio of cloud-based, integrated communications infrastructure and applications, Oracle helps to ensure security across the network and enterprise, accelerate the digital transformation journey, monetize new services at scale, support network generation evolution, and ensure optimal customer care and experiences.
Comarch’s specialist telecoms division designs, implements and integrates IT products for telecoms companies including Telefónica, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, KPN and Orange. Our software helps telcos across the globe transform their operations in order to: increase revenue; increase business efficiency; simplify systems; cut costs; enhance the customer experience; and build new services and shorten their time to market.
We have been recognized for our work in the telecoms industry by leading analysts including Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, Forrester and Informa.
CSG empowers companies to build unforgettable experiences, making it easier for people and businesses to connect with, use and pay for the services they value most. Our customer experience, billing and payments solutions help companies of any size make money and make a difference. With our SaaS solutions, company leaders can take control of their future and tap into guidance along the way from our fiercely committed and forward-thinking CSGers around the world.
Want to learn more about how to be a change-maker and industry shaper like our 1,000-plus clients? Visit csgi.com to learn more.
CompaxDigital, with its cloud-native BSS SaaS Platform, is a game changer in the industry. We pride ourselves on providing the most modern and innovative software and the genuine BSS SaaS experience as well as taking full responsibility for implementing our solutions and, if needed, running, and operating the full BSS system for our valued customers around the world.
With over 27 years of experience building, supporting, and operating BSS systems in mission-critical projects and growing the product organically, we offer future-proof tier-1 solutions leveraging the latest and most robust technologies including microservices-based architecture, public-cloud deployment, and workflow-driven Customer, Revenue, and Business Process Management.